Grassland Restoration Forum Fall Information Session 2023 – “Seeds”
Join us in person for our annual Fall Information Session. This one-day event gathers a variety of industry and grassland stakeholders to exchange current information on grassland restoration and conservation through a variety of presentations and mini updates. With booths, feature artists and lunch provided, you can expect an informative day to network and catch up on grassland restoration news in Alberta. While we are still compiling our agenda, you can look forward to hearing about the following topics:
- Seed Mix Theory and Practice in Alberta’s Grasslands: Looking into seed mix technology, choices, and hazards for establishing a native community. – Marshall McKenzie, Innotech Alberta
- Skinner Native Seeds: A Successful Family Business Growing Native Seed for Western Canada
- Plant Selection, Seed Collection and Propagation of Woody Plants Important to the Markets of Southern and Central Alberta – Ken Wright – Wright Nursery Ltd.
- Wild-harvesting Seed: Creating Added Value in Native Grasslands
- How to be a Savvy Seed Purchaser
- Recovery Strategies for Industrial Development in Native Grassland – the Dry Mixedgrass Natural Subregion 2nd Edition: Linking Range Science, Policy, and Reclamation Practice
Be sure to also check out the Southern Alberta Native Seed Collaborative (SANSC) Meeting Friday, November 17th, 2023, 8:30 – 15:00, also at the Claresholm Community Centre. For more information and to register, click HERE.
Fall Information Session (Nov 16): $100.00 per person
Students and Agricultural Producers: $50.00 per person
*Prices include beverages, snacks, a catered lunch, topical booths, and plenty of opportunity to visit and network. For other arrangements, contact Donna at [email protected] or [email protected]. There is a $50 administration fee for registration cancellations up to 48 hours in advance of an event. Sorry, no cancellations after that.
Our goal is to ensure that events and information are assessable to everyone. We rely on sponsorship for cost recovery and continuation of the Grassland Restoration Forum. Please contact us if you, or your organization, are interested in providing support.